Power-West Industries Ltd. (PWIL), located in Richmond, B.C., is looking to expand thier team!
We have been servicing Greater Vancouver’s generator needs since 1975 and focus on the rental, installation, service and sales of new and used diesel, gas, natural gas, & propane powered industrial generators from a variety of manufacturers.
We are currently looking for the following positions
- Senior Service Technician
- Service Technicians
Download Job Description HERE
Summary of Responsibilities
- Perform Preventative Maintenance, Operational Readiness Test, and Artificial Load Test on various diesel, natural gas, and propane generators ranging in size from 3 to 1500 kilowatts, as scheduled.
- Troubleshoot, and carry-out faulty diagnostic of generators for repairs, if necessary, disassemble engines and examine parts for defects and excessive wear, as scheduled.
- Troubleshoot various mechanical and electrical problems both on-site and via telephone.
- Attend to service calls, which sometimes involved “off-site” engine repairs on industrial and residential power generation equipment.
- Complete paperwork, internal reports for invoice processing, and provide technical reports to Manager for follow-up in timely manner.
- Ensure that safe operation of company’s vehicle and proper maintenance of company vehicle.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all time.
- Ensure list of materials required for each job are reviewed and completed in timely manner.
- Technicians are in daily contact with customers; therefore, superior customer service skills are essential to enhance working relationship with customer.
- Assist in repair quotes when necessary.
- Assist in general maintenance of shop when necessary.
- Perform various “in-shop” duties including, inventory counts, rental equipment service & maintenance, and other duties, as and when required.
Summary of Skills and General Requirements
Technical knowledge of generators and as to their operation and associated components, including:
- Ability to interpret drawings, diagrams and specifications of various types of mechanical and electrical equipment, including manufacturer’s manual and parts books as required.
- Post-secondary education in an electrical field of study
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally), and work as a team
- Good inter-personal and communication skills
- Flexibility to work overtime to meet all customers’ needs and respond to emergency calls, as required.
- CLEAN driver license required. Driving record verified for insurance purposes, CDL is a plus.
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Company offers attractive health benefit package to all employees after six months of full-time employment with the company.
To submit your resumeby emailing to: email@example.com.